Thursday, June 12, 2008

A day @ Dad's Office.

My dad is an Superintending Engineer in our Electricity board department and his office have some computers mostly for the documentation work that needs to be carried on daily.I was bored in the home due to the holidays and absence of my friends added some more fuel to the burning boredemness,so my dad invited me to his office and i was not that much interested to spend a day in office.I told it will be boring down a lot there than in home but my Dad told that there was some problems with their systems ,you can repair them if you want.After hearing this my idea changed because i am a computer freak that too when it especially comes with some problems mainly due to virus.So at last i accompanied him to his office.

There where about 5 to 10 computers in the main office and all where used for documentation mostly.One of the main problem was that the word file when double clicked did not to open in MS Word ,instead opened in MS Excel.I cleared this problem in a second as you all know this because the open with command has been given a wrong application as Excel instead of Word.

Then there where some problem in Excel too and I couldn't solve even at the days end.The problem was that if 2 or more Excel documentation's where opened in separate Excel applications ,if one is closed all others automatically closes too.I couldn't figure whats the problem there and where to solve it.... if you know how to solve it please leave the procedure in a comment.

Then there where some amvo viruses in most of the systems,i removed them but there was one another peculiar problem which is that i could not open MSCONFIG not REGEDIT by running it the command prompt.I want to search about it in net and find out about this one.If you already know something about it,do leave a comment.

Anyway the day went great with everyone calling me around to fix that and this.They where all minor problems but due to their lack of computer knowledge,they could not fix them and the S/W professionals didn't come there as the place was some what distant from the near town.

2 comments:

garun42 said...

HI BALU, Use AVIRA antivirus (Link's on my site) or use AVAST Latest edition da... It s a simple worm... U can figure it out... USE AVA FIND to search for spam... This virus is PEND DRIVE worm... It creates "NEWFOLDER.EXE"... SO IF I'M RIGHT THAT COULD BE THE POSSIBLE PROBS... HOPE THAT WORKS OUT... TC..

garun42 said...

my blog is http://www.blog.openingbrace.com

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
 
ss_blog_claim=53ab9bac924dea44b1dbb3f3db9fbf21