Monday, January 28, 2008

Smoking the Harddisk

What are you guys looking at ????????????? ,the weird tittle !!! Sure,the tittle is weird as my experience at least too me.First of all i have two systems ,one in my college hostel and one in my home and i always used to carry my hostel hard disk when ever i go home for a long vacation as i have most of the contents and data's in it .I connect my hostel hard disk as a slave in my home system and i use it regularly like this.

This incident happened last month,it was a one week holiday trip for me.As usual i packed my hard disk with my other stuffs and traveled home.In my home after a day i started connecting my hostel hard disk as a slave to my home system.To my utter disbelief ,the computer didn't recognize even a single hard disk.

i thought i had given the wrong master/slave jumper settings as this usually happens a lot due to that and so i looked at the disks for this problem .But i have already given the right jumper settings in it.The next thought was that the cables may be loose or not properly connected so i reconnected them once again and i restarted the system.Nothing happened and i tried again for the third time with some little reconnections to make sure that the buses are connected tightly and correctly.

As i was looking at the monitor for some sort of sign,i got a sign from my open CPU cabinet ,that too specially from my hostel hard disk.Curious about the sign,it was the worst thing that happened to me,man.smokes where the signs !!!!!!!!!

Smokes where coming out of my hard disk ,i was stunned for sometime and then i came back to reality and i turned off my system.Then i removed my hostel hard drive and booted the system too see whether the problem was with the system's power cable or my hard disk and i got the answer back as my hard disk.

I took my hard disk to one of the local computer hardware shop to know what happened and more than that too get some of the data's back.The person said that my hard disk's main board got burned out and i need to change the board for even trying to retrieve my data's.I asked what had created this problem and i was totally taken back by the answer.

Any guesses guys ??????????

what ever you have guessed,mostly it will be wrong as the answer is

An ANT



No comments:

Blog Advertising - Get Paid to Blog
 
ss_blog_claim=53ab9bac924dea44b1dbb3f3db9fbf21